Friday, May 18, 2012

Did you just get the diagnosis?

I see that a lot of people come to my blog by searching for Anencephaly. I also see a lot of people coming to my blog from other blogs about Anencepahly and see them going to read the other blogs on my list about Anencepahly. It makes me wonder if these people recently got an Anencephaly Diagnosis or know someone who did.

I know when I first got it one of the first things I did was search online. I wanted to find out what other people did. I wanted to learn all I could about it. I wanted to not feel so alone. Some of those blog listed on the right side of my page I read shortly after I found out about Isabella, before I knew that eventually I would "meet" these wonderful people through online groups, other Anen moms, etc.

So if you are coming to my blog shortly after getting this diagnosis, please know you are NOT alone. I am here for you. You can contact me through my facebook page, link on the right side of the blog. You can e-mail me at junnebug97@gmail.com. I am here for you. I will answer whatever questions you have, I will just listen to what you have to say, I can point you in the direction of online support groups and websites with information. I know when you google Anencephaly you can see some scary things but there are good websites out there too. Whatever it is you may need I will try to help you. I remember how those first few days, weeks, months were. And being able to talk to others who went through or were going through the same thing really helped me. I continue to keep in touch with those ladies because even years later it is hard and they understand.

You may feel like you are lost and you are alone. But you aren't. There are many of us out there, many wonderful people who would love to know you, know your baby. They would love to be there for you and help you on this journey. If you do not feel comfortable contacting me or any of the other blogs you have read there are some wonderful facebook groups that can help you. You can join and not talk to anyone if you don't feel up to it. Sometimes just reading what other people write, knowing that they are feeling the same way can help.

During my last couple weeks of pregnancy I found this wonderful site, http://www.anencephalie-info.org/e/stories.php. It really helped to read this stories. Know I did sit there and cry my eyes when I was reading them. Some out of sadness, some out of joy, and some from just being a pregnant hormonal mess, lol. But it felt good to read those, felt like I wasn't alone.

As much as our friends and loved ones want to be there for us, sometimes we need more. Sometimes we need to hear from others who have been where we are. So please do not be afraid to reach out to me or someone else who understands what you are going through. Remember you do not need to go through this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment