Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Okay

So as I mentioned before we had new neighbors move in, and they have a baby, a 3 month old. Yesterday was the first time I had to face it for any length of time. Usually just the husband comes and hangs out with us, but last night the wife and baby did to. And I must say I did okay. I wasn't good or great but I wasn't heartbroken or depressed either. I would "sneak" looks at the baby and actually smile at how cute she was instead of my normal trying to hide or hold back the tears. I was actually going to get the nerve up to ask to hold her, mainly to test myself, but realized the baby had fallen asleep.

I have to say I am very proud of myself. Instead of running inside when I saw her coming out with the baby I made myself face it, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe because she is younger than what Isabella would be. I am sure if she was around 5 months old it would have been a bit harder. Hopefully this means I am slowly getting over this last mountain of grief.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it continues to get easier! And good for you for not hiding, sometimes it does seem easier!

    ReplyDelete