Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Letter to Isabella

To my Dearest Isabella,
First I would like to apologize for taking so long to write you a letter. Everyone and every book I read suggested it, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Now as I sit here it is weighing heavy on my heart to finally write to you.

A year ago I found out I was pregnant with you. We were so excited God had decided to bless us with another baby. Mommy had always wanted four kids, two girls and two boys. It turns out I got that wish, just with a spin on it. God had different plans for you and for our family.

I cherished every minute I had with you in my tummy and those three precious minutes we had with you after you were born. I hope during that time you could feel the love we had for you. The love we continue to have for you. You have blessed our lives in so many ways. It would take me days to sit here and write them all out. Most importantly you have taught me how precious life really is and how to appreciate all the little miracles in everyday life.

I hope you are getting all those kisses Katie and Jonathan send your way. And even though I can't see them or feel them I know you are sending them some back. They are so proud to be your big brother and sister. Katie is always telling people she has a baby sister in Heaven, she adds very proudly that you are an angel. I just wish Wesley had gotten the chance to know you. I look foward to the day I can sit down with him and tell him all about you and how special you are.

Please know that we will never forget you baby girl. There will always be a part of you in our hearts. We look forward to the day when we can see you and be a family again. Until that day comes we will continue to enjoy life, the way you have taught us to.

Love Always,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words. Writing the letters can bring so many tears that need to be shed even when they are not easy to write.

    ReplyDelete